On Sunday June 28 2020 00:45:57 Tom Lane wrote:

>> It also works without reboot to restart autoFS:
>> sudo automount -vc
>
>Hm, that used to work, but for me it does not since Catalina.
>I do not think automount has enough privilege to create the
>/net symlink if it missed the chance to do so during system
>startup.

If it helps to disable SIP (and family), why not do that - do you feel you
really need it given your clearly not the average Joe User who "works" out of
Starbucks' and the like? ;)

Quoth Derek Currie
>> (also ARM architecture!)…
>
> Sorry but no. The PowerPC alliance of Apple, IBM and Motorola were known as
> AIM. There was no connection to ARM architecture, apart from PPC chips also
> being RISC architecture. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC
>
> Apple was involved with and investing in ARM early on. ARM architecture was
> used in the Apple Newton! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture

My bad. Whatever it was from the article on ARM that got me on the wrong foot,
I cannot find it again. Worst thing, somewhere I knew, hence the exclamation
mark...

Oh well, a branch of my family can be proud, they hopped on the ARM bandwagon
when the first Acorn fell off the tree, while in my branch we stuck to the 650x
and x86 lineage 8-)

R.