Am 14.11.2017, 11:11 Uhr, schrieb <kavi...@multicorewareinc.com>:

+.. option:: --copy-pic, --no-copy-pic
+
+ Allow encoder to copy input x265 pictures to internal frame buffers. When disabled, + x265 will not make an internal copy of the input picture and will work with the + application's buffers. While this allows for deeper integration, it is the responsbility + of the application to (a) ensure that the allocated picture has extra space for padding + that will be done by the library, and (b) the buffers aren't recycled until the library + has completed encoding this frame (which can be figured out by tracking NALs output by x265)
+
+       Default: enabled

I wonder how this is supposed to work with a CLI executable in a separate process.

When an application integrates x265 as a DLL or linked-in library, I can imagine that there are memory pointers to application buffers with frame contents which can be used by the encoder.

But when calling x265 as a separate process, how does it get the frame contents provided? Possibly as a pipe via STDIN or physical file. Means to me, via file handles, allocated by the OS.

Which means of controlling any RAM frame buffers are then available to a calling application?

In other words: Does it even make sense to expose these options to the CLI?

I'm curious about a usage example.

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer