this apparently didn't get sent due to (I'm guessing) mailman's using
the envelope 'from' address. so I changed my subscription email to the
gmail address and am trying again. apologies if you get this twice.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Comeau <j...@unternet.net>
Date: Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:42 AM
Subject: issue 139
To: x265-devel@videolan.org

https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/issues/139 was solved over a
year ago by rmous...@us.ibm.com when he wrote
source/common/ppc/pixel_altivec.cpp. the issue should be closed and
the bounty awarded as appropriate.

I've done some testing to prove that the altivec code is indeed being
used by the binary when built on the PPC architecture, and produces an
hevc video that plays the same as one produced on an x86_64 system. I
can provide access to the PPC instance to anyone who wishes to verify
before closing the issue.
--
John Comeau KE5TFZ j...@unternet.net http://jc.unternet.net/
"A place for everything, and everything all over the place"