Hi again,

On Di 13 Sep 2011 11:19:38 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:

What is the status of load balancing in X2go?

Is it eventually an idea to use an load balancing system what is more
generic? Someone experience with X2go?

X2go has load balancing included in x2goclient code. On possible mechanism for load balancing is using LDAP. We currently do not offer LDAP bootstrap utilities any more, though. And it is not documented in the Wiki either. A real deficit that you digged out.

Tools for X2go http broker based load balancing are currently under development, but not yet released for the public. This is all x2goclient based, currently.

Python-X2go at the moment does not have any kind of load balancing included. Once the http brokerage code is available for the community, I will probably add the client part to python-x2go, so it will be able to use pyhoca-gui, pyhoca-cli with load balancing or simply write your own little X2go application that handles load balancing.

More generic load balancers (like DNS round robin etc.) may or may not work, but personally, I do not think they will.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: