On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Reinhard,
>

> On  Fr 09 Mai 2014 16:08:54 CEST, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>
>> Hi Reinhard,

>>> Just FYI: This issue now present in two Ubuntu releases: saucy and
>>> trusty. The only way to get around this right now is to use the
>>> nightly builds.
>>>
>>> Mike, maybe you can backport this patch to the next stable release?
>>

>> Can you please double-check your statement above?
>>
>> I have just checked the available libssh packages for all Ubuntu versions
>> and there should be a working libssh available for those distro versions you
>> mentioned.
>>
>> Please check once more and give (more detailed) feedback.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Mike
>

> I just re-read your mail and notice it is about a patch in x2goclient. I
> cannot recall what patch it exactly was, but AFAIR this patch is present in
> X2Go Client 4.0.1.5 and 4.0.2.0.
>
> Can you check what x2goclient version you have on that Ubuntu version? (I
> guess, it is the x2goclient version from Debian unstable and then you need
> to fix it in Ubuntu itself!)

Note that x2goclient itself does work, but consumes 100% CPU and makes
my fans very loud.

The bug is not present in 4.0.2.1-0~576~ubuntu14.04.1, but it *is* present in

 x2goclient | 4.0.1.1-1ubuntu1 | trusty/universe  | source, amd64,
armhf, i386, powerpc, ppc64el
 libssh-4 | 0.6.1-0ubuntu3         | trusty           | amd64, arm64,
armhf, i386, powerpc, ppc64el

I've verified by installing a clean trusty chroot and installing
x2goclient only.

I can confirm that updating to x2goclient_4.0.2.0-0~574~ubuntu14.04.1,
which is currently in the x2go/stable PPA for saucy fixes the problem.

I've tested again in a clean saucy chroot, and this bug is not present
there. Most probably because it doesn't ship libssh 0.6.

Mike, I've seen that you've uploaded 0.5.4-3~13.10.1 yesterday to
saucy's PPA. I fear that users of the PPA will no longer benefit from
future ubuntu security updates because you've replaced their system
libssh with an updated version.

Debian jessie and sid users are not currently affected by this bug,
because libssh 0.6 is still in experimental:

 libssh-4 | 0.5.4-3          | sid               | amd64, [...]
 libssh-4 | 0.6.3-1~exp1     | experimental      | amd64 [...]

As soon as that gets uploaded to unstable, we will see this problem
also in debian.

This is filed in ubuntu as
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/x2goclient/+bug/1288631.

In debian, this is probably  #739496, which I'm CCing with this message.

--
regards,
    Reinhard