On  Mi 20 Aug 2014 16:14:34 CEST, Michael DePaulo wrote:

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 5:31 AM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
Hi Michael,

On  So 23 Mär 2014 17:25:58 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:

[...]

I just fixed #458 by exporting $XAUTHORITY in x2goruncommand.

Thank you :)

Do you have any clue what this issue may be related to? As I don't have any
of the failing apps on Debian, I cannot reproduce your test results right
away.

2 possible theories:
1. We are not integrating with ConsoleKit and/or logind properly.
(Although it appears that our integration with logind is better, since
Fedora 20 works better than CentOS 6.)
2. We have issues with the polcykit authentication windows not being
permitted to show up.

A 3rd possible theory:
3. PolicyKit policies are blocking certain actions from happening over
any sort of remote session. PolicyKit refers to local sessions as
"Active" and remote sessions as "Inactive".
It appears that the X11RDP project has run into this problem:
http://scarygliders.net/2012/06/20/a-brief-guide-to-policykit/
http://scarygliders.net/category/policykit/

I stumbled over this the other day, when I was going through these polkit bugs, myself.

We don't want X2Go sessions to be "active=TRUE" and neither do we want them to be local.

Sessions are marked as active and local sessions if the user is really sitting in front of a machine. Those session will accept USB flashdrives when they are plugged into the workstation. We want that with local X.org sessions, but not in X2Go sessions.

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM