Hello all,

Can someone explain what is the difference between RPMs in the

obs://X11:RemoteDesktop:x2go/<distr>

and

http://packages.x2go.org/opensuse/<distro-version>/main

?

in different places on our wiki page you can found references to both of
them:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver#adding_repositories
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:suse
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:repositories:start#open-_suse

It could be very confusing for users. Some of my customers installed
packages from OBS and they didn't work as expected. I also tried this
packages and figured out, that they are not equivalent to the packages
from packages.x2go.org. For example, package x2goagent has no X2GO
branding. Agent displays "!m" splash screen and "!m" icon. Customizing
of keystrokes.cfg didn't work neither. I don't know if there are any
other differences, I didn't make further investigations.
I think, we should make it clear for the users on our wiki page, which
packages we suggesting to use. If we giving a reference to the external
resources, we should say what is difference between "our" packages and
packages built by other people.

regards
Alex
Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Ludwig-Feuerbach-str. 18  | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90489 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org