Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.0

On 2018-10-11 14:24, Ulrich Sibiller wrote:

Thanks! This sounds a bit like a off-by-one problem in the clipboard code.

However, to break this down further I want to rule out some
components. First, can you please verify if this is somehow
reproducable on a Linux client?

The bidirectional clipboard mode doesn't break with the Linux x2goclient, in either MATE desktop or Plasma 4 desktop. I'm using x2goclient v4.1.1.1
on Fedora 27 client machine.

Next I would like to try and take x2go out of the equation:
- run vcxsrv on windows (vcxsrv.exe -multiwindow -ac :121)
- ssh to the Linux server (e.g. with putty) and point the DISPLAY
variable to the VcXsrv on windows (export DISPLAY=:<windowsmachine>:121)
Note: you might have to disable the windows firewall
- run nxagent -ac :123 in the shell on the server -> you will get the
nxagent window on you Windows desktop
- in a second shell on the server point the DISPLAY variable to :123
and start the MATE session (export DISPLAY=:123;
STARTUP=mate-session dbus-run-session /etc/X11/Xsession)
Now repeat your editor tests.

Uli

I used PuTTY's X11 forwarding/tunneling to do this. The bidirectional
clipboard mode breaks in the same way with this method in both MATE
desktop and Plasma 4 desktop.

Best regards,

Aki