Hi Mike,

My customers have different brokers. Some of them giving back sessions,
depending on broker login, other on x2go server login. One of the examples:

I'm logged on the broker as "Alex", you logged on the broker as "Mike".
Both of us logged on the one of the servers in server pool "Lab-1" as
user "labuser". We suspending our sessions. When we are logging to
broker next time, I'll get my session and you yours. In the server pool
"Lab-2", however, I want that broker user "Alex" could resume all
sessions started by X2Go user "labuser". And maybe user "admin" could
resume all sessions, doesn't matter who started them. And so on.
Different customers have different use cases. I'm creating the brokers
for the customers to perfectly fit into their infrastructure. All
brokers are different. It's like a tailor suite. This is why I never
supported a "legacy" broker. "Legacy" broker means that customers
supposed to adapt their infrastructure to our solution. And it's exactly
the opposite of what I wanted to achieve with X2Go broker.

regards
Alex

Am 14.12.18 um 10:02 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On  Mi 28 Nov 2018 17:03:52 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> this parameter is needed for the case if brokeruser and x2gouser are not
>> same. Until this commit X2Go client only sent broker login to the
>> broker, and not login name on x2go server.
>> So if you are connecting to broker with name user1 and after this you
>> want to connect to x2go server as user2, it was impossible to find out
>> the list of sessions running for user2 on x2go server. Now X2Go client
>> sends both logins (on broker and on x2go server).
>> There are plenty use cases, where this information can be used. Another
>> case when several broker users sharing same accounts on x2go servers. In
>> this case you can track connection between X2Go Users and Broker Users.
>>
>> Anyway this should not brake any previous setups. X2Go Broker should
>> just ignore arguments which are not supported.
>>
>> Regards
>> Alex
>
> I have added the login feature now to the X2Go Session Broker.
>
> I encountered one corner case:
>
>   * login into broker with X2Go Client for user A
>   * the broker sends over one session profile that has
>     broker agent support and can query the X2Go Server
>     in the profile for running/suspended sessions
>   * if there are sessions running/suspended for the broker
>     user, then it reports that there is a session running
>     or suspended (for the broker user)
>
>   * if I now login with a user B (so another user as the
>     broker user), I get (of course) a new session
>
> Do you have a concept for this behaviour? Or do you simply deactivate
> session resuming for setups where broker user != server user?
>
> Greets,
> Mike

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org