On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 5:08 PM Melroy van den Berg
<melro...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Try to debug the code using the debugger? Adding print lines is not the way
> to do it.

"the debugger" is something I don't know. I am not developing software
on Windows (I am not even using Windows if I can avoid it). Therefore
I also have no development environment to do anything. On Linux I can
install gdb and attach to any program but I simply do not know what's
possible on Windows. I have read about minidumps and VS tools you need
to debug. I have nothing like that. Is a minidump created
automatically? Where can I find it?

I have also tried to exchange the libssh by an older version but it is
extremely difficult to find a compiled libssh.dll file for reasons I
am not sure about. Seems like shared libs with a stable API is
something that is not common in the Windows world...

> I hope somebody can say how to re-compile the code with debug symbols and if
> gdb is good enough?

Not me, sorry...

Uli