Dear list members,

I recently managed to make our python-x2go based app run on Mac OS with some tiny changes to python-x2go, so I wanted to  share these changes with others and suggest merging them upstream.

The first problem was in defaults.py, which includes some specific settings for different OSes based on platform.system().  The problem is, that the section for Mac OS wrongly assumes that platform.system() returns ‘Mac’, while it actually returns ‘Darwin’.  AFAIK, it has always been so.  For more insight see for example https://bugs.python.org/issue7850.  The attached file 0001-Fix-Mac-OS-recognition.patch fixes that.

The second problem was that we need to install the NX proxy binary to a different path than "/usr/bin/nxproxy”.  For that purpose I made use of the environment variable NXPROXY_BINARY which is already used on Windows.  This is implemented by the second patch file 0002-Respect-NXPROXY_BINARY-also-on-non-Windows-systems.patch.  For consistency, it might also make sense to use this variable only if it contains a valid path, as it is done on Windows, but I didn’t do that in the patch.

Thank you for considering merging these patches upstream and thank you for the great work on X2Go.

Best regards

Tomas Cerha