Dear $ALL,

As stated in the subject line, X2Go: The Gathering 2020 - AKA V/RUS, the
Virtual/Remote User Symposium - will take place at Stuttgart's
hackerspace "shackspace", from Friday afternoon, 2020-09-18, to Sunday
afternoon/evening, 2020-09-20.

X2Go: The Gathering is the annual event where users, admins, and
developers (including the i18n volunteers) of X2Go meet face to face, to
discuss current X2Go-related issues, fix open bugs, and have a good time
getting to know each other.
As there is some overlap between X2Go, Arctica, and orca e.V., you can
expect to meet members of those groups as well.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year's X2Go: The Gathering will be a
hybrid event with minimal on-site participation.
We will be live-streaming the event, probably via Jitsi or
BigBlueButton, and most likely we will have a YouTube stream going on as
well. Links to the streams will be posted on
<http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2020> each day
before the stream begins.

*ATTENTION!*
If you're interested in joining us *physically*, please contact
<mailto:x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> with the text "The Gathering" somewhere
in the subject and bug me publicly on the X2Go-Project list if you don't
receive a confirmation by e-mail after a day or two.

We will not be providing accomodation this year (so if you cannot
commute daily, you will have to look for a hotel/hostel room yourself),
*but we still need your contact info* if you wish to take part in
person, due to current Covid-19 health regulations.

Also, you will be required to wear a non-medical everyday mask or
comparable mouth and nose cover (of course, better masks like
N95/KN95/FFP2/FFP3 are okay as well, as long as they do not have an
exhalation valve), both when using public transport (and while waiting
at the platforms/stops), as well as inside shackspace (you will likely
be allowed to take the mask off while sitting at your desk, but we
cannot guarantee that yet).

For joining us *virtually*, you can join in any time, even on short
notice, no sign-up required (it would still be nice if you'd let us know
in advance, so we can make sure we have sufficient server and streaming
capacity).

We will be updating the Wiki page
<http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2020> as more
information becomes available.

As this year's event is a hybrid event with minimal on-site
participation, there is not really a need for event sponsorships.

However, if you're a company that had planned to sponsor the event, we'd
appreciate it if you'd redirect the money to some paid work on X2Go
instead. A list of companies/individuals available for this can be found
here: <https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:professional-support>

CFD.direct, one of our long-time sponsors
(<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:sponsors>), has already done so -
and not only that, they have increased their funding from 700 EUR, as
originally planned, to 1000 EUR, as you can read here:
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2020#sponsoring>.
We will be pooling their sponsorship money with another donation by KLO
Ingeniería Informática, so we will have 1100 EUR at our disposal.
This money will be used to try to tackle the long-standing clipboard
issues in the NX-libraries.
If you want to add money into that pool, or want to sponsor other
X2Go-related work, again, please see the above list of
companies/individuals available for such work.

Sincerely,
Stefan Baur, "X2Go: The Gathering" event organizer

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur