On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 13:27 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote: > Hi John, > > On Di 12 Jul 2011 03:03:29 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote: > > > But I then downloaded the x2goclient 3.0.1.18 tarball. I did not see a > > configure file, a make script, or any templates. I did notice several > > project files so I downloaded kdevelop to open the project files. I've > > not used Kdevelop4 before (dinosaur that I am). It only wanted to open > > the x2goclient-libssh.kdev4 project file. However, it cannot build it > > and there is nothing to create the configure/make files. How does one > > build this x2goclient from source? Thanks - John > > You have downloaded the last release without Makefile. The next > release (and also the code in X2go Git) contains a Makefile that you > can use with > > make && make install > > so that x2goclient gets installed to /usr/local/bin. > > Two options: > > (a) wait for Wednesday/Thursday, then I will patch code from Alex into the > current Git code and after that x2goclient will be releases as 3.0.99.0 > (as tarball). > > (b) clone the current Git code: > > $ git clone git://code.x2go.org/x2goclient.git > > and then do > > $ cd x2goclient > $ make && make install Hello, all. I've gone the git clone route however I do not see the mounts in my X2Go server for printing or file sharing. I am still using x2goserver 3.0.1-5. Before I spend time troubleshooting, I thought I'd ask if there is no backwards compatibility between the proposed new client and the old server for file and print. Thanks - John
_______________________________________________ X2go-User mailing list [email protected] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user
