----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hierweck" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, November 5, 2011 5:11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [X2go-User] x2gothinclient: compression and  sound

Hi John,

On 04.11.2011 22:56, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> Hello, Michael.  We have found 16m-png-jpeg to give the best combination
> of clarity and performance in our environment.

sadly any png or jpeg compression leads to wrong colors for transparent
images in Firefox/Iceweasel. For example the Google logo gets acyan
background. I switched to rle compression which reduced latency but it's
still worse than plain X11.

> The 30000 series ports are from ssh port redirection which X2Go uses to
> bring back the sound, printing, and local mounts.  Hope that helps -

All pulseaudio sinks seem to be missing when using x2go. I attached tthe
output of "pactl list" from within a x2go session.

Michael
<snip>
That's interesting.  I have noticed a problem in specific circumstances and 
have not been able to track it down.  I had a limited case where I installed 
Pyhoca (a fine product - I don't mean to knock it here as this was probably 
coincidental) and, after going back to the Qt client, all graphics were 
corrupted.  Somehow, it "fixed" itself.

However, with complete consistency, if I open an RDP session to a Windows 
desktop and then run X2Go client from the RDP desktop, the graphics are always 
corrupt.  If I use png instead of jpeg, then the jpegs show fine and vice 
versa.  The only way to get a usable screen is to turn off compression.  I've 
not had the time to track down the problem and did not know if it was specific 
to my environment.  Hence my interest that you are experiencing something 
similar - John
_______________________________________________
X2go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to