Mike,
thanks for the quick reply. I did that, and upgraded all the x2go packages including x2goagent. Now I have these packages on the server: ||/ Name Version Description +++-=============================-=============================-========================================================================== ii x2goagent 3.5.0.5-0~x2go1+squeeze~heule Special X2go-ized X agent, forked from NX-X11 (NoMachine) un x2goclient <none> (no description available) ii x2gognomebindings 2.0.1.4-0~x2go1+squeeze~heule Description: x2gognomebindings (GNOME mimetypes for X2go) ii x2goserver 3.0.99.9-0~x2go1+squeeze~heul X2go server daemon scripts un x2goserver-compat <none> (no description available) ii x2goserver-extensions 3.0.99.9-0~x2go1+squeeze~heul X2go server daemon scripts (extensions) un x2goserver-home <none> (no description available) un x2goserver-one <none> (no description available) un x2goserver-printing <none> (no description available) un x2goserver-pyhoca <none> (no description available) un x2goserver-xsession <none> (no description available) ii x2gothinclientmanagement 1.0.1.4-0~x2go1+squeeze~heule Management tools for X2go thin client chroot server Unfortunately the problem is still the same, error log on the client still the same, and server's error log is now: NXAGENT - Version 3.5.0 Copyright (C) 2001, 2011 NoMachine. See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information. Info: Agent running with pid '26451'. Session: Starting session at 'Sat Dec 17 14:36:02 2011'. Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '26451'. Info: Waiting for connection from 'localhost' on port '30001'. Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '1'. Error: Aborting session with 'X2goagent: Unable to open display 'nx/nx,options=/home/jean/.x2go/C-jean-50-1324161360_stDGNOME_dp24/options:50''. Session: Aborting session at 'Sat Dec 17 14:36:34 2011'. Session: Session aborted at 'Sat Dec 17 14:36:34 2011'. Note the new nxagent version reflected in the server log. Any other ideas are welcome. I can do some tcpdumps if it helps, but not sure if we can see much due to the SSH... Jean On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Mike Gabriel < [email protected]> wrote: > Hi Jean, > > > On Sa 17 Dez 2011 07:23:15 CET Jean Gottschalk wrote: > > Hello, >> >> I have been using freenx for a few years, and have been looking for >> something better since freenx is no longer maintained and sound support is >> shaky. I was very glad to find the x2go project, specially since it works >> exactly like I imagine with diskless thin clients (I have to use USB >> sticks >> to boot my current clients for freenx). >> >> Anyway, after being somewhat confused by the outdated info and >> repositories >> listed on x2go.org, I found the wiki and was able to install x2goserver >> (onto Ubuntu ) and configure a PXE thin client environment. To my >> surprise, the thin clients booted on the first attempt and x2goclient came >> up, which was very unexpected! >> >> Now I have the following problem: >> - I can login without problem from a windows x2goclient onto my ubuntu >> x2goserver >> - however any attempt to login from the pxe booted thin clients fails. >> >> The client displays (after starting nxproxy 3.5) >> Connecting to remote host 'localhost:33001' >> And then >> Connection timeout aborting >> >> On the server I find these logs: >> >> /usr/bin/x2goagent: line 1: -e: command not found >> >> NXAGENT - Version 3.4.0 >> >> Copyright (C) 2001, 2007 NoMachine. >> See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information. >> >> Info: Agent running with pid '24505'. >> Session: Starting session at 'Fri Dec 16 22:11:43 2011'. >> Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '24505'. >> Info: Waiting for connection from 'localhost' on port '30001'. >> Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '1'. >> Error: Aborting session with 'X2goagent: Unable to open display >> 'nx/nx,options=/home/jean/.**x2go/C-jean-50-1324102301_** >> stDGNOME_dp24/options:50''. >> Session: Aborting session at 'Fri Dec 16 22:12:15 2011'. >> Session: Session aborted at 'Fri Dec 16 22:12:15 2011'. >> >> I understand that there is some kind of callback procedure whereby the >> client connects to the server, and then the server connects back to the >> client, and this seems to be failing. I do not know how else to proceed. >> >> In addition to version 3.99.0.2 of x2goclient and x2goplugin (which was >> the >> one installed by default in the chroot environment), I also tried version >> 3.99.0.3 from the unstable repository, and an older 3.01-21, all with no >> luck. >> > > I am wondering if your problem is on the server side. It seems like you > are using a very outdate x2goagent version. > > If possible for you, please test our (still not final) new build of libnx. > So, on the server, please install from > > deb http://packages.x2go.org/**debian > <http://packages.x2go.org/debian>squeeze heuler > > Greets, > Mike > > > > -- > > DAS-NETZWERKTEAM > mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen > fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419 > > GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B > mail: mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.**de<[email protected]>, > http://das-netzwerkteam.de > > freeBusy: > https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.**de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-** > netzwerkteam.de.xfb<https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb> > > _______________________________________________ > X2go-User mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user > >
_______________________________________________ X2go-User mailing list [email protected] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user
