On 05/14/2012 09:00 PM, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
However, I can't get it to link statically to all libraries, the way
that the official binary distribution seems to do.


Hi all,

Again I seem to have made some wrong assumptions. After closer inspection, it seems that the windows x2goclient isn't fully statically linked. It seems that only the Qt libraries have been linked against statically. I believe that was probably done by doing a manual build of Qt using "configure -static" (note that I've never compiled Qt myself from source, so I'm just copying this blindly from the "Deploying an Application on Windows" page in the Qt 4.8 documentation on the qt-project.org web site). Since I just use the downloaded Qt distribution for MinGW, I probably can't reproduce this without compiling a static version of Qt myself.

Apart from the static linking of Qt libraries, I think I have now more or less created a usable build of the x2goclient, using the instructions below (enhanced from what I posted before).

I'll now try to add HTTP proxy support (using corkscrew) into this.

Maarten

Download MingW installer from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-inst/

get the latest mingw-get-inst-*.exe file

Run the installer, install in C:\sw\MinGW after installation, run C:\sw\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat (or open the shortcuts in your start menu/desktop if you installed any)

    cd /c/sw/MinGW/msys/1.0/postinstall
    sh ./pi.sh

Create c:\home
On My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables, set
    HOME=c:\home

Create C:\home\.profile

    PATH=$PATH:/c/sw/Qt/4.8.1/bin
    export PATH

Download QT from:
http://releases.qt-project.org/qt4/source/qt-win-opensource-4.8.1-mingw.exe
install in c:\sw\Qt
Make sure to point to the MinGW installation used above.

Download libssh and libz from:
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository-4.8/win32libs/libssh-x86-mingw4-0.5.2-1-bin.tar.bz2
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository-4.8/win32libs/libssh-x86-mingw4-0.5.2-1-lib.tar.bz2
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository-4.8/win32libs/zlib-x86-mingw4-1.2.5-1-bin.tar.bz2
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository-4.8/win32libs/zlib-x86-mingw4-1.2.5-1-lib.tar.bz2

(libssh seems to be very hard to compile on mingw. Its build-system is based on CMake, which I don't think is available on mingw. The KDE people have done the hard work however, so we use their results)

cd /usr/local
tar zxf .../path/to/libssh-x86-mingw4-0.5.2-1-bin.tar.bz2
tar zxf .../path/to/libssh-x86-mingw4-0.5.2-1-lib.tar.bz2
tar zxf .../path/to/zlib-x86-mingw4-1.2.5-1-bin.tar.bz2
tar zxf .../path/to/zlib-x86-mingw4-1.2.5-1-lib.tar.bz2

Build a custom version of openssl ("mingw-get install msys-openssl" doesn't seem to install a compatible version, as static linking doesn't work with that one).

Download OpenSSL from:
http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1c.tar.gz

cd ~
tar zxf /path/to/openssl-1.0.1c.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.1c
./configure mingw --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install
(make install takes a long time, it installs like 10K man pages, somebody could probably find out how to install this without man pages in order to speed this up)

Download x2goclient source code from:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/source/x2goclient/x2goclient_3.99.2.0.tar.gz

cd ~
tar zxf /path/to/x2goclient_3.99.2.0.tar.gz
cd x2goclient_3.99.2.0
Edit x2goclient.pro file
Replace the part that says:

    win32-* {
       message(building $$TARGET for windows without ldap and cups)
       LIBS += -lwinspool -lws2_32
       CONFIG += static release
    }

with:

    win32-* {
        message(building $$TARGET for windows without ldap and cups)
        INCLUDEPATH += /usr/local/include
        LIBPATH += /usr/local/lib
        LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto -lwinspool -lws2_32
        CONFIG += static release
        QMAKE_LFLAGS += -static-libstdc++
    }

make build_client

Create a new distribution directory C:\myx2goclient
Copy into this directory:
- From the install directory of the official x2goclient distribution
    - pulse directory
    - VcXsrv directory
    - bash.exe, cyg*.dll files, ncproxy.exe, sftp.exe, sftp-server.exe
      sh.exe, ssh-add.exe, sshd.exe ssh-keygen.exe
- c:/sw/mingw/bin/libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
- c:/sw/mingw/bin/mingwm10.dll
- c:/sw/mingw/msys/1.0/local/bin/libssh.dll
- c:/sw/mingw/msys/1.0/local/bin/libz.dll
- c:/sw/Qt/4.8.1/bin/{QtCore4,QtGui4,QtNetwork4,QtSvg4}.dll
- The new x2goclient.exe binary we produced in
  /.../x2goclient_3.99.2.0/client_build/release

_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to