On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 13:54 +0200, Lukas Laukamp wrote: > Hey all, > > I want to use X2Go at CentOS 6.2. So I installed a KVM virtual maschine > with a CentOS 6.2 minimal system. I installed GNOME and X11 with a yum > groupinstall command like follows: > > yum groupinstall "Desktop" "Desktop Platform" "X Window System" "Fonts" > > Than I added the RHEL6 X2Go Rep which is listed at the X2Go Page > (http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/external:linux-distributions). > > Than I installed x2goserver, python-x2go and x2gognomebindings like > follows: > > yum install x2goserver python-x2go x2gognomebindings > > After this I added a profil in PyHoca, to connect to the server and > tried to start a GNOME session. PyHoca says that it starts the session > and immediatly after the startup it says that the session is shut down. > So PyHoca doesn't get to the point that it start a session window or > something like that it directly shut down the session. > > The only thing I found on a logfile (/var/log/messages) is that the > session got start correctly. Here is the log entry: > > Jun 15 20:45:45 testdom0 /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: successfully started > X2Go agent session with ID lukas-51-1339785943_stDGNOME_dp17 > Jun 15 20:45:49 testdom0 /usr/bin/x2goruncommand: launching session with > Xsession-x2go mechanism, using STARTUP="gnome-session" > > There is no more information in the logfiles, no errors, no warnings or > something like that. > > Does someone have a working x2goserver on CentOS and can explain what to > do to get it running with PyHoca as client? Or can someone give me > information where the error could be located? <snip> I do not know if this is still an issue with the newer versions but, in older versions of X2Go Server on some distributions, one needed to have started X before hand. We never fully resolved the issue but it wasn't that X had to be running. It was that starting X started some process which X2Go needed but could not start as a non-privileged user. If you start X from the console, even if it fails, does that now enable you to connect using X2Go Client? - John
_______________________________________________ X2Go-User mailing list [email protected] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user
