On 4/3/13 6:02 PM, Clemens Lang wrote:
Hi,

I am not subscribed to the list, so please Cc me on all repsonses.

I have attempted to run the 4.0.0.4 and 4.0.1.0 builds of x2goclient
on my MacBook Pro (OS version 10.7.3).  Both of them crash immediately
on launch.  When attempting to run from the command line I get illegal
instruction 4.  Unfortunately, I have not used a Mac long enough to
know how to troubleshoot this (though I do have an extensive
UNIX/BSD/Linux background) beyond the basics outlined below.

Can you paste the complete command you're running and its output? I have
not tested my build on a 10.7 system, because I only have a Mountain
Lion box – packages are built against the 10.7 SDK though, so they
should in theory run (however, since I'm using libraries from MacPorts
and those haven't been built for 10.7 there's a chance that this causes
problems).

dcom8009196:MacOS jefosburgh$ pwd
/Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/MacOS
dcom8009196:MacOS jefosburgh$ ./x2goclient
Illegal instruction: 4


Illegal instruction sounds like a 32bit vs. 64bit issue, but afaik the
only 32bit-only CPUs Apple shipped with any recent OS X version were
some rather old Mac Minis, so that probably doesn't apply in your case.


dcom8009196:MacOS jefosburgh$ uname -a
Darwin dcom8009196 11.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.3.0: Thu Jan 12 18:47:41 PST 2012; root:xnu-1699.24.23~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

The easiest and quickest fix for you, if you already have MacPorts
installed, would be to install the x2goclient port.

I had finally gotten around to getting fink installed, which doesn't seem to have an x2goclient package. I'll look into Macports.


For the 4.0.1.0 build, I have verified the md5 sum matches.  I have the
.dmg files for the 4.0.1.0 and 3.99.2.1 builds mounted.  One thing I
notice is that 4.0.x is significantly smaller than 3.99:

/dev/disk1s2                         50272      50272          0   100%
     /Volumes/x2goclient
/dev/disk3s2                        223104     188328      34776    85%
     /Volumes/x2goclient 3.99.2.1

Are the newer builds expected to be this much smaller?  Unpacked, the
entire dmg for 4.0.x is about 70MB smaller than the actual space used by
3.99.x, even with the dmg for 3.99 being somewhat bigger than the amount
of space required.

I do not know how the 3.x series DMGs were built, but I assume since
those were afaik were universal binaries, that at least the binaries had
double the size. You should not compare the DMG sizes, though, because
the 4.x series uses compression and the 3.x ones might not.

I wasn't sure if the size difference was to be expected, and I wasn't aware those were universal binaries, so in that case the size difference does make sense.
_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to