Hi Kermit,

On  Sa 02 Nov 2013 22:14:01 CET, Short, Kermit wrote:

Thanks Mike! That brings up a few questions for me, though. I'm at home, and don't have to contend with the firewalls on the workplace networks, but I can never seem to clone any of the source repos. More than likely, I'm doing something wrong with the git command, but whenever I try to clone through our (mandatory) http proxy, the clone command just sits there for about 5 minutes, and then errors out.

I just tried to clone the x2gobroker.git project (at home) as follows:
git clone http://git.x2go.org/projects x2gobroker.git
or subsequently:
git clone http://git.x2go.org x2gobroker.git

This is probably, because you URL is wrong. Try this one instead:

git clone http://code.x2go.org/git/x2gobroker.git

Once I do manage to get a clone of the source, should I be uninstalling the existing x2gobroker-* packages installed on my session broker server? How would I then go about installing the binaries after configure/make/make install from source? Can I leave at least something that I've done or do I blow it all away and start over with nightly build codes?

The broker .deb package is well maintained in upstream code. In theory, it should work to run make && sudo make install. If you install the broker that way, the broker codes gets installed to /usr/local. Note: there is no configure script in x2gobroker.

As you are on an RPM based system, I cannot be of great help with more than the above. (/me only knows how to maintain DEB based systems).

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM