Hi All

I am trying to get x2go working on a virtual (headless) OpenSuse 13.2 KDE
server.  I have used NoMachine in the past on a hardware Workstation with no
issues.  It starts the session and reconnects fine when the line drops.  On the
new server though the graphics are slow and on reconnect the colours on some
applications are incorrect, (Eclipse - white on white isn't readable).

I've pulled the latest x2go client for the Windows laptop and installed x2go
via Yast.

Now to side track a little.  I mostly use this virtual desktop from my laptop
which can have 3 possible monitor situations.
1)On own - smallish widescreen
2)With internal screen and single external monitor at 1280x1024 (external is
Display 2)
3)With 2 external monitors - Display 1 is the 1280x1024 I want to use

Sometimes I will pull laptop from docking station effectively switching to 1)
above.  Then put back and need the display to be handled appropriately.
NoMachine player does very well.  It seems to remember where I put the display
and sends to the correct monitor, even on resume.

Issues
Using x2go client the fonts are too big.  Nomachine and PyHoca-GUI get it
right.  Xlsfont on NoMachine and PyHoca show thousands of entries, x2go client
has around 700.  I installed the fonts with the application.

X2go client crashes on resume.  I create session OK, full screen on the
1280x1200 monitor.  On resume it tries to open a smallish window and then the
xserver crashes.  The PyHoca does work as intended if I use "Maximise" but then
the "window" takes over the monitor and I can't easily switch to other apps on
that screen and back again.  CTRL-ALT-M will let me access other apps but then
it's hard to switch back.  PyHoca full screen tries to use both screens on
laptop - not what I want.

Sometimes I can't resume.  I get errors about nxproxy or no permission to
display in error log.  Then I usually have to go to server and manually remove
old session files and try to get a new session.  This hasn't been an issue so
far but could be if I got disconnected while editing.

I really hope to get x2go to work as it seems far quicker than NoMachine in
this circumstance.  But I do need it to be stable and reliable.  Nomachine
server 3 (last one with virtual desktops) has worked great.  I can resume
sessions in different resolutions and on different client machines and all my
programmes are there, including remote apps throwing screens back to the
"workstation".

Thanks
Richard

Richard Bragg MBCS| Application Analyst | Enterprise Monitoring and Automation
| Technology and transformation
Virgin Media | Unit C, Wellington Gate, Silverthorne Way, PORTSMOUTH,
Hampshire, PO7 7XY
M +447967046983 | D +443703 900110 | I 7806402 | E
richard.br...@virginmedia.co.uk<mailto:richard.br...@virginmedia.co.uk>
jive profile https://jive.systems.private/people/B0001850 | netcool community
https://jive.systems.private/groups/netcool

Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged
and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s).

Virgin Media will never ask for account or financial information via email. If
you are in receipt of a suspicious email, please report to
www.virginmedia.com/netreport

If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system:
its use, disclosure or copying is unauthorised. Statements and opinions
expressed in this email may not represent those of Virgin Media. Any
representations or commitments in this email are subject to contract.

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire,
RG27 9UP