Hello Keith,

you should try KDrive option. Chrome should work way faster with it.
Especially on the fast networks. Also GL Applications and desktops like
modern Gnome and KDE are fully supported. Another advantage - KDrive
client will work without X Server on the client side on non-Linux platforms.
However, currently there is no KDrive client build for OSX, so first you
should try it with Linux client. If it'll work for you, you can try to
build X2Go KDrive Client for OS X. Alternatively, if your company has
enough resources, you could also sponsor the developing of X2Go KDrive
client for OSX, because at the moment OSX support is not on my priority
list.

regards,
Alex

Am 17.10.19 um 06:40 schrieb Keith Burns:
> Hello,
>
> So many things I love about x2go over any other remote desktop solution,
> and I've pretty much tried them all in one flavour or another.
>
> The one thing that is really hurting me though is Chrome / webkit speed.
> The issue has been discussed here before a long time ago, but I didn't
> see much by way of resolution.
>
> This is now I suspect impacting electron based apps, which are becoming
> more prolific.
>
> Bouncing between my client OS and Linux isn't desirable, and in some
> cases isn't possible.
>
> The Linux desktop is on a 200/20Mb connection with ~20ms or less RTT,
> which means I get screen updates from the server -> 20Mb -> client as
> the server is leveraging the upload speed to communicate back to the client.
>
> I would imagine that 20Mb is sufficient to handle pretty much any of the
> encoding settings, so I am happy to try any settings.
>
> Server: Ubuntu MATE 18.04, installed using apt packages. (4.1.0.3 ?)
> Client: OSX 4.1.2.1
>
> I'm a software developer so I am comfortable building from source,
> administering my own machine, so happy to experiment to try and get, if
> not resolution, at least a configuration that gets the best performance
> possible.
>
> Cheers
> Keith.

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München       | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658               | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973