Am 22.09.20 um 23:40 schrieb Scott Wood:
> Hi folks,
>
> Multi-layered one here.  We have x2goserver
> (4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20200228.1815.heuler.el7) available on a (CentOS7)
> login node of our HPC cluster for folks to submit jobs from.  If they start
> an x2go client session from a Mac to our login node, submit interactive jobs
> with X11 tunnelling enabled (or even just ssh -X directly to an execution
> node) and run RStudio (1.1.463) desktop from within that second host, there
> is an un-usable lag in their session.  If they type in the console, it can
> take up to 10 seconds to register and display the keystroke.  No errors,
> everything works, it just isn't very responsive. Linux x2go clients are fine.
> Windows x2go clients are fine.
>
> I know that's a lot of layers they're going through but I'm at a loss for
> identifying which layer is the issue.  Any troubleshooting tips?  Anyone out
> there experiencing similar symptoms?

Well, we do have several HPC cluster operators that use X2Go - see our
"success stories" list in the Wiki.  Maybe it would make sense to
contact them directly and see if they've had the same issue?

Also, why can't you run X2GoServer directly on the execution nodes,
instead of using ssh -X?  If the login node is the only one with a
publicly accessible IP, that's not a problem - Activate the proxy
feature in the X2GoClient session setup and tell X2GoClient to use your
login node as an SSH proxy (i.e. "jump host").

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)