Am 01.10.20 um 13:17 schrieb Johann Petrak:
>> - Available Bandwidth and type of network connection
>>   (WiFi, LAN cable; mobile network like UMTS/LTE, ...)
>>
> Cable with at least 10Mbps to the ssh gateway, then very fast GBit LAN
> As I said, both VPN and X2GO use exactly the same connection with the same
> bandwidth

Ah, so you're using an SSH proxy/jump host.
I wonder if maybe our code for that is broken somehow?
Is that ssh proxy/jump host a Linux machine or some proprietary solution?

Could you test by setting up an SSH connection first, like so:

ssh -p 22 -L2222:[targethostname]:22 johann@ssh.[somehere.org]

After that connection has been established, please create a new X2Go
session configuration (_don't_ alter the existing one) that connects to
localhost:2222, without setting an SSH proxy, with XFCE as your DE, and
using your "johann" account, but leave all the other options set to
their default values.  Then try to use that.  Does it change the
speed/responsiveness in any way?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--