Recently I installed x2goserver on an Ubuntu Mate 20.04 machine and x2goclient
on my CentOS 7 workstation. I configured the session with "[X] Try auto login
(via SSH Agend ot default SSH key)" as I have an SSH key installed on the
remote machine. It connects fine over my LAN and I find the CPU utilization on
the remote machine much lower than with x11vnc which I had been using. Her are
my client related questions...

1) What is the CORRECT way to disconnect from the remote machine and leave the
remote session (and the programs on it) running? The goal being to be able to
check back later on the status of the work which the remote machine is
performing.

2) How does one connect to more than one remote machine? I have only been able
to do this by loading an additional x2goclient for the next remote machine.
This seems to waste a lot of real estate.

I explained my adventures in detail on linuxquestions.org but did not receive
any advice.
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/x2go-how-to-disconnect-and-reconnect-client-4175684245/

Thanks,

Ken

I don't have a Swiss bank account but I do have a Swiss email address :-)