I've created an LXD container with Fedora 34 and KDE. When I connect using x2go, I initially see a login screen (SDDM, I believe). After I
log in, all I see is a black screen.  No menu bars, no cursor.

There's nothing interesting in the system log, but a .xsession-errors
file was generated.  There's an XIO error:

$ cat .xsession-x2go-fedora34-errors
XSession-x2go: X session started for eager at Sat Sep  4 18:59:28 UTC 2021
xsettingsd: Loaded 0 settings from /home/eager/.config/xsettingsd/xsettingsd.conf
xsettingsd: Created window 0xe00001 on screen 0 with timestamp 2989364519
xsettingsd: Selection _XSETTINGS_S0 is owned by 0x0
xsettingsd: Took ownership of selection _XSETTINGS_S0
xsettingsd: Reloading configuration
xsettingsd: Loaded 10 settings from /home/eager/.config/xsettingsd/xsettingsd.conf
[...]
vmware-user: could not open /proc/fs/vmblock/dev
Error: /usr/bin/vmtoolsd must be run inside a virtual machine on a VMware hypervisor product. Failed to rename ‘/home/eager/.abrt/spool’ to ‘/home/eager/.cache/abrt/spool’: No such file or directory Failed to rename ‘/home/eager/.abrt/settings’ to ‘/home/eager/.config/abrt/settings’: No such file or directory
SELinux Troubleshooter: Applet requires SELinux be enabled to run
akonadi.collectionattributetable                   OK
akonadi.collectionmimetyperelation                 OK
akonadi.collectionpimitemrelation                  OK
akonadi.collectiontable                            OK
akonadi.flagtable                                  OK
akonadi.mimetypetable                              OK
akonadi.parttable                                  OK
akonadi.parttypetable                              OK
akonadi.pimitemflagrelation                        OK
akonadi.pimitemtable                               OK
akonadi.pimitemtagrelation                         OK
akonadi.relationtable                              OK
akonadi.relationtypetable                          OK
akonadi.resourcetable                              OK
akonadi.schemaversiontable                         OK
akonadi.tagattributetable                          OK
akonadi.tagremoteidresourcerelationtable           OK
akonadi.tagtable                                   OK
akonadi.tagtypetable                               OK
XIO:  fatal IO error 2 (No such file or directory) on X server ":50"
      after 479 requests (478 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Any suggestions?

--
Michael Eager