We run the ThreadTest sample on AIX 4.3.3 when testing each release, and we
have not had any problems.  There _have_ been reports of multithreading
problems with the Xerces parser.  This shouldn't affect the ThreadTest
sample since it parses all input files before starting the threads.

Are you running the ThreadTest application as shipped with the sample files
as shipped, or are you making modifications to it?  If you are running it
as shipped, the post a bug report in Bugzilla.  In the body of the bug
report, include the call stack from the core dump.

If you are making modifications, then post a bug report in Bugzilla and
_attach_ a _minimal_ sample application with everything required to build
it.  Then, in the body of the bug report, include the call stack from the
core dump.

Dave



                                                                                       
        
                    "Raj Avula"                                                        
        
                    <raj_avula@ho        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]              
        
                    tmail.com>           cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)      
        
                                         Subject:     ThreadTest(Xalan C++) fails on 
AIX4.3.2  
                    11/05/2001           & AIX4.3.3                                    
        
                    02:18 PM                                                           
        
                    Please                                                             
        
                    respond to                                                         
        
                    xalan-dev                                                          
        
                                                                                       
        
                                                                                       
        



Hi,
   I am using Xalan C++ version on AIX. ThreadTest sample application fails

in my environment. I tried with AIX4.3.2 & AIX4.3.3. It fails in both
cases.
I am using STLPort 4.0, Xalan 1.2, Xerces1.5.1. It dumps core. I am really
finding hard time in making Xalan Thread-Safe in my environment. I tried
re-buiding xerces, xalan libraries with xlC_r. It does not work for me. Did

any body face this kind of problem before.  If I make the transformation
single-threaded by locking transformation, it works fine. Please let me
know, what I can do to make xalan thread-safe in my environment.

Thanks for the help.
Raj...


_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp





Reply via email to