> This is because JDK 1.4.x includes a backlevel copy of Xalan and
> Crimson in the rt.jar or some other silly place, making them almost
> impossible to override.  Ask Sun about it.
> Techniques to use your preferred version of Xalan or to use Xerces are
> not yet clearly FAQ-documented, but ideas include the bootclasspath
> noted here
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xalan-dev&m=100314673108089&w=2  some
> discussion on alexandria-dev a while back, and a new java property that
> overrides *some* extensions that's documented somewhere in the depths
> of the JDK docs, I've forgotten where.
Oh boy, that's definitely not what I had in mind ... .
Was there some co�peration with Sun after which they included it ?

> (Didn't I just answer this question?  Or is my mailer dropping things
> again?)
Err ... not that I know. It may have been your other you ;-))

Reply via email to