On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 13:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
"Vladimir Bossicard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Working with Xindice, I have discovered that 3 databases are registered after a
> DatabaseManager.register.  The reason is certainly that Xindice contains ','
> within its name.
>
> The database is also not fully deregistered (due to the ',' in the getName)

Well, I'm not that familiar with the Xindice impl. Can you give an
example how Xindice tries to register its database driver.

> To fix this, XmlDb should specify how the 'getName' method must be defined and
> the character to use to separate different implementations returned by the
> getName method.
>
> I have also started to write integration tests for Xindice but I think their
> place should be in the XmlDb project to validate implementations.  If you're
> interested, please contact me to see how we can work it out.

We have some tests for XUpdate and I think it could be usefull to have
also some tests for the XML:DB API implementation. We could give you a
CVS account so that you could maintain this test suite.

Kindest regards, Lars.