On Feb 5, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2011, at 7:02 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>> I figured out something similar which works.  Apple mail has an preferences
>>> option to cc: or bcc: to yourself and that will get delivered by gmail
>>> (even though I don't use a gmail address, my ISP uses gmail for its
>>> server)..
>>
>> That kind of thing doesn't work for me.  If I put a list as To: and my own
>> address as Cc: I don't get a copy back through GMail.  Using Alpine as my
>> sender.  I see others complaining about the same problem but Google doesn't
>> appear to want to fix it.
>
> Strange--both Cc: and Bcc: work for me and it should be software-independent.

Most MUAs will not send to you and a list you are on unless one (or more) of
these things happens:

1.      The MUA cannot tell that you are on the list and you and the list are
        handled by different MTAs.

2.      Somewhere in the MTA process, you and the list split before the list is
        expanded.

3.      You have set the "METOO" flag in the MUA configuration.

Owen