The right thing to do here was probably just change the entire block to
a code block rather than inline text.  That ignores markdown and just quotes
it exactly.

It was a direct cut and paste from email.

I have gone back to #66 and re-edited it to remove the "\# " and just put
the whole thing into a code-quoted block.

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 01:30:14PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <curt.w...@gmail.com> flavor, containing:

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM