Keith Kaiser wrote:
Seems there is always one more complication;

When I do the 'sudo apt-get install libmagick9-dev' I get the following;

Media change: please insert the disk labeled
 'Xubuntu 8.10 _Intrepid Ibex_ - Release i386 (20081030.3)'
in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

The problem is what I have is the .iso file not a CD.

Now what?