hi...made a mistake in the configure instruction for libgeotiff

./configure --with-ld-shared="gcc -shared"

i added a | that shouldnt have been there

73 David VK4BDJ

David wrote:
Hi Kevin.....very good How -to....however you have missed the Geotiff libs
these libs in Ubuntu 9.04 repositories dont work too well...
get the libtiff4 and libtiff4-dev from the repos then d/l libgeotiff-1.2.4 or 1.2.5 whichever you like..... unpack the tarball then configure with ./configure --with-ld-shared="gcc -shared|"..this is important as mentioned in the Ubuntu 8.10 install instructions....next make and make install..... i have found that if you use GraphicsMagick it wont work with some maps......ImageMagick is no problem.....in the 8.10 instructions libmagick9-dev is mentioned....this has now been replaced with ive libmagickwand-dev

ive installed Xastir on 9.04 a few times of late as ive crashed h/d's with doing other things....i usually leave gdal and festival out as i find i dont need them here.....ive used local maps from our club website....they were in Ui-View format..i used inf2geo from the scripts dir to get them to Xastir use.....we also have our own NWS alerts for VK and i use the Xastir files for them

any other info needed just yell....

73 David VK4BDJ

Kevin Ratcliff wrote:
Hi all,

I just created a howto for Ubuntu 9.04 and placed it on the Xastir wiki:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_9.04

It's mostly based on the excellent howto for Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10, but
I did things slightly differently.

If anyone is running Ubuntu 9.04 and wants to try my instructions for
the CVS installation I'd appreciate any feedback on things that worked
or didn't work for you. Since it's a wiki, you can edit the page
yourself too, so if something is wrong (I've been known to make
mistakes before!) you can just change it so that it's correct. I tried
to test everything in the howto, starting from a fresh install of
Ubuntu 9.04, but I'm sure I left something out or made a typo
somewhere in there.

Thanks.

Kevin
KB9MQU