Hi Carl.....thanks for the heads up on these files.....

where can one obtail the dbfawk for the Aus-Oc shp file

73 David VK4BDJ

Carl Makin wrote:
Evening All,
I haven't seen this mentioned around. A company in Germany called GEOFABRIK are processing the OSM data nightly into shapefiles and making them freely available at;

http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/

I've grabbed the Australia-oceania set which is about 70MB zipped. I've got it running with an instance of Xastir on FreeBSD and a dbfawk file custom built for it and it's quite good.

Worth a look, especially for those of us outside of North America which is all most of the online maps cover.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)