After you tell the kpc tnc's to go into kiss mode, they require a powercycle to actually switch. Same thing when coming out of kiss mode. So a simple software command to switch it wouldn't work.

Quoting David Sprangers <dsprang...@gmail.com>:

Curt,

I thought Xastir settings put the TNC into KISS mode, I was not aware the
the KPC3 had a KISS mode setting. I will have to look into this.

Thanks,

Dave