On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Bob Nielsen wrote:

This is on the same machine (no firewall) where Xastir is installed so ssh isn't an issue. I made a script, but it is a simple call to /usr/local/bin/xastir. It won't start from the script and I see that error when running from a terminal with my normal account login.

So you're trying to make it tough on us eh?

What has changed on the system since Xastir ran successfully?

I updated some of the macports libraries several months ago.

Have you tried doing the bootstrap.sh;./configure;make;make install
on that system lately to see if maybe some of the libraries may have
changed?  I don't think that'll fix it, but it's worth a shot 'cuz
it's easy.

I didn't run the bootstrap.sh script before the other steps. I just tried it again (with bootstrap.sh) but the result is the same:

mac:~ bob$ xastir

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
geo Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

Error: Couldn't find per display information