Guys,
   I managed to get Xastir working with OpenStreetMaps. Thanks for the help.
Stellar map interface.  Just stellar.  It was painful upgrading from CVS, but I
got it done.... after I had removed a system file and a bunch of core
dependencies and rebuilt the box... lost 2 days on that. (some sort of libpcre3
vs lesstif-dev issue... I forget) Just curious, when is 1.9.9 going to be
released on sourceforge? I know you'll hear from many happy campers once that
occurs.

I guess I learned my limits on that last exercise!

Mike, AA9VI