Brett and Curt,
The only problem is that bulk downloads are strongly discouraged, and
expressly prohibited for some zoom levels, by
the OSM tile servers. See the policy at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy

Of course other tile servers may have different policies, and I know
of at least one
program that appears to violate the policy.

Not that I would ever suggest anyone should violate the policy, but I
would hope that if they
did they would not use the XASTIR user-agent setting.

...jerry