On 08/09/2010 05:22 AM, Jon K Hellan wrote:
Timothy M. Admire wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I have an iGate setup running Xastir+Soundmodem on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am
trying to tune Soundmodem but I'm having some issues.  What's happening is
when I try to open any of the diagnostic items in Soundmodem, they work for
about 5 seconds, then they go blank.  The only way that I can get them to
run again is close out of Soundmodemconfig, then restart it and the same
thing happens again.  It basically makes the diagnostic tools useless.  Has
anyone seen this before?

Known issue, and soundmodem version 0.15 (hopefully) fixes it. It was released
in June, and will get to the distros
eventually.

Jon LA4RT

Thanks!

Tim

Just about getting ready to work in AGWPE for a sound card modem and saw this blog. Downloaded ver 0.15 and ran ./configure. Haven't tried this one yet and went to install it and received this error

/checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.0... not present.
configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

/What am I missing that I need to install?

73 John