Hi,
I just committed a fix to CVS that solves the problem with 16-bit
*Magick quantums that I reported in August. With this fix, topOSM
tiles should work even when ImageMagick (or GraphicsMagick) is
configured for 16-bit quantums. Note that in the Ubuntu 10.04
repositories ImageMagick is built to use 16-bit quantums and
GraphicsMagick is built to use 8-bit quantums.

The other problem I reported in August, refreshing tiles from topOSM,
was fixed earlier this month.

I have also verified that cached tiles are available off line.

As always, if you have problems with the OSM maps let me know.

73,
...jerry
KA6HLD