Xastir is a very GOOD aprs program but I wish it had the ability to igate to RF
better also. That may be one of its more noticeable deficiencies.  I'd also
like to see the ability to add status text, and PHG data when running a WX
station, similar to UI-View. Finally, it's far from my skillset to know the
inner working of this, but it seems Xastir can be memory intensive at times.
Is there a way to manage that better?  Maybe I just need to upgrade from the
1.8 GHz HP desktop with 2 GB ram on Debian 6. My other program running on there
is Echolink using Wine.

Great work otherwise!
Mike, AA9VI