Sorry about the top post here, but I'm at a campground in the middle of the
Cascades getting ready for a SOTA activation tomorrow.

I'm not in front of a terminal right now, so I can't tell you exactly what's
going on with your configure, but

>>> -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/,

This line sets your SDK path which will determine where the compiler is looking
for libcrt.so and friends. For some reason the compiler is looking for a later
version and you're looking in the 10.4 SDK directory for the goodies. I haven't
done a run of Xastir for a while, but I can give it a try for you on Monday if
you haven't figured it out already.

Jeremy McDermond. NH6Z
n...@nh6z.net