Hi Joe,

The short simple answer is:

Open a terminal window and cd to your xastir directory in your src or
source directory.

Confirm that "update-xastir" is in that directory with a ls -la
update-xastir at the command line prompt

Run that script with the command ./update-xastir

It well do some things and then ask you for your user password so it can
do the sudo section of its command list.

It is very well behaved and is how I stay up to date.

73
Dave
KB3EFS