I can't explain what Liz is doing, but Xastir supports "wxnow.txt" format
weather reports in a somewhat kludgy way.  Does your weather station by
any chance support such a format?

The trick is to run a little perl kludge I wrote that masquerades as a
Davis Meteo database server --- but instead of polling the Meteo database
it reads the wxnow.txt file and serves it up to Xastir in the right format.

That script's called "wxnowsrv.pl" in the Xastir scripts directory.

You run this script on the machine where the wxnow.txt file is
created, then tell Xastir to connect to it as a "Networked WX" interface.

See comments at the top of the script for more detail.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 08:26:41AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <morrison.monah...@sbcglobal.net> flavor, containing:
> Can you explain how you do this?
>
> On 10/30/2020 4:17 AM, Liz wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 00:07:19 -0500
> > Steven Morrison <morrison.monah...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Another approach would be to read the new weather entries sent
> > > to APRS-IS for my callsign and transmit them from that report.
> > I'm still doing that. When I'm driving and see my weather displayed I
> > know that everything in the chain is working, and that includes my
> > internet ;)
> >
> > Liz
> > VK2XSE

Tom Russo    KM5VY