Updated. Thank you.

For next time please update the python dependency matching to the Kodi repo
version you are submitting your add-on to http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml .
In the past we didn't pay to much attention to this however due to recent
API changes we might be changing the ABI in newer Kodi versions. By
adjusting accordingly you might prevent surprises.
Your add-on will be available from the Kodi repo version you submit to and
and any Kodi version onward to the point where we break the ABI version.

Extra general information:
Code Checking:
As extra service to add-on devs we have added our complete repo to Codacy.
Codacy analyses the python code and points out possible problems with a
nice description.
Below are the links to the public dashboard from where you can browse to
the different branches where we push your add-ons to. Clicking on issues
will give you a complete overview from where you can search for your own
add-on to see if it has any possible issues.
One of the easiest ways is to search for your add-on ID and see if it shows
up. Another way is using the file tab.

IMPORTANT!
Since some repos are huge and contain lots of possible issues you probably
need to scroll down several times before your add-on even starts to show
up.

https://www.codacy.com/app/Kodi/repo-scripts/dashboard
https://www.codacy.com/app/Kodi/repo-plugins/dashboard

You can of course also register yourself (using git login for example) to
Codacy and add your own git locations. Hopefully you will find this useful.

Language folder layout:
>From Isengard and later we support a new language/localisation folder
layout. An example can be found here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/language/

The same code can also be used in the add-on.xml file.
For example  <summary lang="en_gb">Put your text here</sumary>
This currently not mandatory and current Kodi versions still support the
old folder layout without problems. However this might change in the
future. Should you start developing new plugins/add-on for Isengard and
later we suggest you start with this new layout.
Any further questions can be asked on the Kodi forums.

Python API changes:
In recent Kodi versions we did some API changes that might affect your
add-on. Some known changes are that the time you list in your plugin must
now be set in seconds (integer).
Full API docs can be found here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/
Sadly we didn't really document the changes done in a forum thread so it's
best to quickly browse through the API docs.
Information for v17 Krypton can be found here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250936

Changelog layout:
A recommended layout is having the latest changes at the top so users don't
need to scroll down. A recommendation is have the release date between
brackets after the version number.
Example:   v1.0.0 (2015-01-13)  or   1.0.0 (2015-01-13)
Having it in the format (YYYY-MM-DD) makes it internationally readable so
people don't mix up the MM/DD and DD/MM.

regards,
Martijn Kaijser
XBMC Foundation
Team-Kodi

License and development:
KodiĀ® is a registered trademark of the XBMC Foundation. For further details
you can visit http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
The code is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license and
can be found at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc. It includes many third-party
libraries which use compatible licenses. Due to the inclusion of some
GPLv3.0 libraries the entire application becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.