Unfortunately, no. Would the MySQL database have to be off as well? I
thought the daemon might automatically restart after the upgrade, but you
are right that I should have turned it off first.

At this point things still work, but I am most confused about lsxcatd still
returning 2.7.3 to me. Maybe it is getting that as a string from a database
table that hasn't been updated yet instead of directly from the xcatd
binary? I have some of the new commands like "nodediscoverls" and
"nodediscoverstart"
which weren't there before so I'm pretty sure everything was upgraded.

I did a "yum update xcat" and for good measure "yum install
xCAT-nbkernel-x86_64 xCAT-genesis-x86_64 xCAT-client
xCAT-nbroot-core-x86_64 xCAT-server xCAT-nbroot-oss-x86_64". As long as
nothing is operating incorrectly though I guess I can just presume
everything is at the latest version.

-Josh