On 02/22/2016 06:40 AM, Xiao Peng Wang wrote:
> 1. We have done the approach that mount of /proc, /sys and /dev/ before
> install
> packages and umount them after the installing for Ubuntu, and will apply it
> for rh.

Hello and thanks for your answer (sorry for the delay, I was in vacation).
I'm not sure I got it correctly : this mechanism is ready but not yet
released, is that correct ?

> 2. You can just make the multiple tasks to be specified as comma separated:
> # nodeset <node> osimage=rhels6.6-x86_64-netboot-compute,runcmd=bmcsetup,shell

I'd swear that when I tried this syntax, only one "action" was put in
the chain table (as opposed to, the wanted sequence of action)...
That's why we kept editing the chain table or kept using nodech.

> 4. run_ps is added in mypostscript for debugging

Ok, sorry I read the script to fast. It is indeed *added* (I thought
mypostscript was overwritten).

> 5. otherpkgs postscript which is executed to install addiation packages will
> not
> be run for diskless node through updatenode. The ospkgs is still run on
> diskless
> node, but it does not make sence since boot of the system will lose the
> update.
> The 'syncfiles' script will be run for diskless node.

Ok, but what about genimage ? Aren't packages and additional packages
installed in the chroot installed by running ospkg and otherpkgs
postscripts ? Isn't it the case for the sync'ed files in the image
(syncfile postscript run at genimage time) ?

Or in other words, does genimage install packages and sync files through
postscripts or not at all ?

Anyway, we decided to populate the image with ansible (using the chroot
connection type) so we can cross write updates in the image and on
running nodes with almost the exact same tasks.

Thanks.

--
Thomas HUMMEL