Xiao,

Okay, so I followed those four steps with some modifications. I did 1 & 4
as instructed with no issues. The service nodes are getting their database
access from the new MN now, and I updated the SN object definitions to
point xcatmaster, tftpserver, and other relevant parameters to the new MN.

I avoided step #3 because I just copied the old /root/.ssh/id_rsa and
corresponding .pub file to the new MN and passwordless logon works fine. I
also tested this from the two service nodes to make sure they could fetch
the host keys: "USEOPENSSLFORXCAT=yes XCATSERVER=<MN_IP>:3001
/xcatpost/getcredentials.awk ssh_rsa_hostkey. Is that sufficient for the
key step?

And lastly for #3 I only selectively updated certain packages on the SNs
like syslog and NTP, because I didn't want to run all of the packages and
in particular the servicenode postscript.

So, I was able to use updatenode with no issues from the new MN to update
the SNs, however when I try to update any cluster client nodes it is having
problems dispatching to the service nodes in the hierarchy:

# updatenode node0010 -P addsiteyum
Error: Failed to dispatch command to any of the following service nodes:
xcat-serv1,xcat-serv2

What is most likely causing that issue?

Thanks,
Josh