I found this feature in the site table:
managedaddressmode: The mode of networking configuration during node provision.
                     If set to 'static', the network configuration will be
configured
                     in static mode based on the node and network definition on
MN.
                     If set to 'dhcp', the network will be configured with dhcp
protocol.
                     The default is 'dhcp'.
I set it to "static" and started using it for provisioning. I really like
having the IP address, netmask, and DNS information set on
the kcmdline. It makes it very clear what the node is to do during Kickstart,
and it means that I don't have to run "hardeths" and
"confignics" as postscripts.

Yesterday, I was trying to runcmd=bmcsetup on some new hardware and it turns
out that the using "static" mode will prevent the
Genesis kernel from functioning, as it relies on DHCP to get an IP so that the
nodes can communicate with the master.

Do I have to change back to "dhcp" setting for "managedaddressmode" to do
bmcsetup? Is there a way to have it both ways?

Thanks,
Russ