From: dani <d...@letai.org.il>
To: xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [xcat-user] Feature Request active-active xcat configuration - makedhcp failover configuration and ensure all tables have primary key
Date: Wed, Sep 14, 2016 7:44 PM

Yes,

As far as I can tell xCAT already provides most of what is required for
management active-active - named,xcatd,tftpd can all run independently
on either node, mariadb can be easily set-up as galera cluster with
minimal tweaking, so the only issue remaining AFAICT is the dhcpd.

This scheme would allow HA without shared storage (galera provides
replication for mariadb which is the only thing worth replicating in
real time. makehosts  creates based on db, and makedns is based on
makehosts output, so once a db is replicated, they can be recreated
consistently across the MN nodes.

The /install requires a bit more work to be fully automated, but it
doesn't update that often, so a simple cron rsync (or nfs mount to a
nas) is enough most of the time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.