From: Christopher Samuel <sam...@unimelb.edu.au>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:53 PM
To: xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [xcat-user] makedns

On 23/09/16 01:21, Carlisi, Jim L. wrote:

> Hey all, I'm having an issue that I can't seem to figure out what is
> wrong.  It seems my system will makedns all day and night for the
> subnets that are actually on the admin node (ie - eth0 on admin is
> 10.1.1.X and that subnet will get made in DNS; eth1 on admin is 10.2.1.X
> and the subnet will get made in DNS.  However my compute nodes are past
> a router (not the 10. subnets) and since my admin node does not have a
> eth on the compute node subnet, makedns will NOT work, even though I can
> ping the nodes, ssh to the compute nodes, etc, makedns will not build
> the named tables for that subnet.

We have this for not-directly-connected networks which seems to work for
us (at least the addresses on them are in DNS!).

root@imgr:~# lsdef -t network infiniband
Object name: infiniband
    mask=255.255.0.0
    mgtifname=|remote|
    net=10.7.0.0
    usercomment=Infiniband network

Hope that helps!
Chris
 Email: sam...@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545

This electronic message transmission contains information from CSRA that may be
attorney-client privileged, proprietary or confidential. The information in
this message is intended only for use by the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you believe you have received this message in error, please
contact me immediately and be aware that any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. NOTE:
Regardless of content, this email shall not operate to bind CSRA to any order
or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government
initiative expressly permitting the use of email for such purpose.